Australia Zoo is thrilled to introduce our newest members of the Africa family - an adorable mob of meerkats!
This encounter gets you in and up close with this playful group of girls so you can see how clever and busy they are in their brand new adventure area! With our knowledgeable and friendly keepers right there to answer any questions, you will learn all about these gorgeous African natives.
Available 7 days at 10.00am and 3:00pm
$79 per person. Guests must have a valid Zoo entry ticket.
Minimum age 6 years (all children 6 & 7 years old must be accompanied by a paying, participating adult).
Maximum of 4 people per encounter.
Booking cut off time is 9:30am and 2:30pm.
Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
Discounted photos packages are available for an extra cost or guests can take their own photos.
Meerkat Encounter is subject to the weather. If encounter is cancelled a full refund will be given.
Australia Zoo reserves the right to change or cease the encounter if required for animal well-being.
Pre booked guests must check in at the Information Desk no later than 9:30am for the 10am encounter or 1pm for the 3:00pm encounter.
Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
Participants must wear enclosed shoes and have good mobility.
Terms and Conditions
Mischievous MeerkatsTerms & Conditions
1. Mischievous Meerkats Animal Encounters are available to Participants who are 6 years of age and above only.
2. Children 6 -7yrs MUST be accompanied to the encounter by a paying, participating adult.
3. Enclosed and flat suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter.
4. Participants must be able to remain in a seated position for the duration of the encounter (15-20 minutes).
Generic Terms and Conditions - applicable to ALL encounters
1. Entry to Australia Zoo is not included. Valid entry is compulsory for all encounters.
2. All Participants, including children, must follow all instructions given by the handlers. Each Participant must be able to understand English or have a paying, participating interpreter with them.
3. Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person to participate in the Animal Encounter for health, safety or other reasons. Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
4. Some encounters may require special assistance to provide access to Wheelchair bound guests. Staff must be informed of mobility issues when booking the encounter.
5. Animal Encounters are subject to weather. Please be aware that the encounter may need to be cancelled if bad weather occurs before or during the session. The encounter will be rescheduled for the next available date, at the Zoo's discretion.
6. All encounters are subject to change without notice. If the encounter is cancelled by Australia Zoo, you will have the option to receive a full refund or reschedule to another encounter time or day.
7. Cancellation within 48hrs of the Session shall result in forfeiture of 50% of the full payment. If the Participant does not attend or is late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
8. No personal items or food are permitted on the encounter, this includes camera's and backpacks. In some circumstances, a phone or small camera will be allowed.
9. Please remember that all animals are capable of exercising their natural instincts. Do not under any circumstances attempt to roughly handle the animal. Contact with animals will be under the handlers direction - please do not touch animal's head, face or any other body parts unless directed to by the animal handler.
10. All interaction will be instigated by the animals. The behaviour of the animals or the outcome/level of interaction is not guaranteed under any circumstances.
11. Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries, howsoever received whether it be as a result of the Animal Encounter, travelling to, or being in, the enclosure in which the animal is housed.
12. The food we feed to our animals may contain nuts, eggs, fruit, seafood, raw meat and other food products. Please ensure any allergies are discussed with staff prior to the encounter being undertaken.
13. Participants must be aware that they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes.
14. The Participant consents to the publication and/or use in any media whatsoever of their name, image, voice statements or otherwise, without payment of compensation.
15. This experience is an "Animal Encounter" for the purposes of the Waiver, Indemnity and Release attached.
16. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that the attached Waiver, Acknowledgement, Indemnity and Release forms part of this document.
« Return to Animal Encounters
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.