Whoever would have thought... a camel's hump actually stores fat, not water as commonly believed. Climb aboard for a leisurely walk on these gorgeous animals and go behind the scenes of Australia Zoo to discover our off display Alligator pond.
Timing and Days:
- Session is between 30-40minutes in duration and are conducted at 10am daily.
- Outback Camel Adventure is available 5 days a week outside of school holidays.
- A professional Australia Zoo Photographer to capture the moment.
- One 6"x8" photo per paying person.
Price and Guest Limit:
- Bookings should be made in advance through the Information and Tour Desk at Australia Zoo on (07) 5436 2002 or online.
- If available, bookings can be made on the day before 9:30!
Terms and Conditions
Outback Camel Adventure Terms & Conditions
1. Caravanning Camels Adventure Animal Encounters are available to Participants who are 3 years of age and above only.
2. Children 3 -14yrs MUST be accompanied to the encounter by a paying, participating adult.
3. Height restrictions apply: children shorter than 112cms and over 3 years old can ride free with a paying adult. Children 112cms tall or above are charged as a paying customer.
4. Weight restrictions apply: MAX 90kg combined weight per camel.
5. Not suitable for pregnant women.
6. Suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter i.e. no high heels.
7. Participants must be capable of balancing on a moving camel, sitting still for the duration of the encounter, hanging on at all times and refrain from making loud noises.
Generic Terms and Conditions - applicable to ALL encounters
1. Entry to Australia Zoo is not included. Valid entry is compulsory for all encounters.
2. All Participants, including children, must follow all instructions given by the handlers. Each Participant must be able to understand English or have a paying, participating interpreter with them.
3. Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person to participate in the Animal Encounter for health, safety or other reasons. Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
4. Some encounters may require special assistance to provide access to Wheelchair bound guests. Staff must be informed of mobility issues when booking the encounter.
5. Animal Encounters are subject to weather. Please be aware that the encounter may need to be cancelled if bad weather occurs before or during the session. The encounter will be rescheduled for the next available date, at the Zoo's discretion.
6. All encounters are subject to change without notice. If the encounter is cancelled by Australia Zoo, you will have the option to receive a full refund or reschedule to another encounter time or day.
7. Cancellation within 48hrs of the Session shall result in forfeiture of 50% of the full payment. If the Participant does not attend or is late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
8. No personal items or food are permitted on the encounter, this includes camera's and backpacks. In some circumstances, a phone or small camera will be allowed.
9. Please remember that all animals are capable of exercising their natural instincts. Do not under any circumstances attempt to roughly handle the animal. Contact with animals will be under the handlers direction - please do not touch animal's head, face or any other body parts unless directed to by the animal handler.
10. All interaction will be instigated by the animals. The behaviour of the animals or the outcome/level of interaction is not guaranteed under any circumstances.
11. Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries, howsoever received whether it be as a result of the Animal Encounter, travelling to, or being in, the enclosure in which the animal is housed.
12. The food we feed to our animals may contain nuts, eggs, fruit, seafood, raw meat and other food products. Please ensure any allergies are discussed with staff prior to the encounter being undertaken.
13. Participants must be aware that they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes.
14. The Participant consents to the publication and/or use in any media whatsoever of their name, image, voice statements or otherwise, without payment of compensation.
15. This experience is an "Animal Encounter" for the purposes of the Waiver, Indemnity and Release attached.
16. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that the attached Waiver, Acknowledgement, Indemnity and Release forms part of this document.« Return to Animal Encounters
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.