Take a walk on the wild side, literally!
Enjoy these awesome animals up close! Take a walk with Nelson our drop-dead gorgeous tiger cub as one of our professional photographers captures this special, once in a lifetime moment.
Timing and Days:
- Tiger Walks are held 7 days a week.
- Tiger Walks are conducted from 10:30am - 11:00am. Participants must meet at the Information Desk by 9:45am.
- A professional Australia Zoo Photographer to capture the action.
- Two photos per person (one 4"x6" and one 8"x6"). Discounted photo packages available.
- An exclusive Robert Irwin Photography 8"x12" matted tiger print
- A Tiger calico bag
Price and Guest Limit:
- $199 per person.
- Maximum of 4 participants per walk.
- Minimum age of participants is 10 years. Kids under 14 require a paying, participating adult.
Access to Australia Zoo:
- Entry into Australia Zoo is not included, however encounters are only valid to guests with valid Zoo entry tickets. You can prepurchase these online or on the morning of your encounter.
- Bookings must be made in advance online or by contacting Australia Zoo Tour Desk on 5436 2002.
- The Tiger Walk may be cancelled if the weather is bad. The encounter will be rescheduled for later that day or the next available date.
Terms and Conditions
Tiger Cub Walk Terms & Conditions
1. Tiger Cub Walk Animal Encounters are available to Participants who are 10 years of age and above only. Children 10 -14yrs MUST be accompanied to the encounter by a paying, participating adult
2. Participants must be fit and healthy, have full motor skill capacity and must be able to squat/kneel down and stand up quickly without assistance. If any Participants arrive and cannot display this, they will not be permitted on the encounter. Ailments/disabilities that may impact participant understanding, behaviour or mobility, must be disclosed to Australia Zoo staff upon booking.
3. Participants must be able to understand and respond to instructions promptly, and so require a comprehensive understanding of English.
4. Participants must be able to walk at a reasonable pace over rough terrain for 30 minutes.
5. Enclosed and flat suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter. Shoes that have been recently worn around grazing animals (eg. horse boots) are not allowed.
6. Clothing should be neutral in colour and not be overly baggy or frilly. No construction/high visibility style clothing is to be worn, and no clothing that replicates the Australia Zoo uniform in its entirety, (e.g. Steve Irwin day dress shirts and shorts, or full khaki attire). Strictly no shirts/clothing with tiger images, faces or print is to be worn.
7. Pants should be at least knee length or longer. NO short shorts, skirts or dresses allowed.
8. No strong scents, perfumes or sound generating accessories (bells, bracelets/bangles,etc) which could have an impact on our animals may be worn during the encounter.
Generic Terms and Conditions - applicable to ALL encounters
1. Entry to Australia Zoo is not included. Valid entry is compulsory for all encounters.
2. All Participants, including children, must follow all instructions given by the handlers. Each Participant must be able to understand English or have a paying, participating interpreter with them.
3. Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person to participate in the Animal Encounter for health, safety or other reasons. Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
4. Some encounters may require special assistance to provide access to Wheelchair bound guests. Staff must be informed of mobility issues when booking the encounter.
5. Animal Encounters are subject to weather. Please be aware that the encounter may need to be cancelled if bad weather occurs before or during the session. The encounter will be rescheduled for the next available date, at the Zoo's discretion.
6. All encounters are subject to change without notice. If the encounter is cancelled by Australia Zoo, you will have the option to receive a full refund or reschedule to another encounter time or day.
7. Cancellation within 48hrs of the Session shall result in forfeiture of 50% of the full payment. If the Participant does not attend or is late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
8. No personal items or food are permitted on the encounter, this includes camera's and backpacks. In some circumstances, a phone or small camera will be allowed.
9. Please remember that all animals are capable of exercising their natural instincts. Do not under any circumstances attempt to roughly handle the animal. Contact with animals will be under the handlers direction - please do not touch animal's head, face or any other body parts unless directed to by the animal handler.
10. All interaction will be instigated by the animals. The behaviour of the animals or the outcome/level of interaction is not guaranteed under any circumstances.
11. Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries, howsoever received whether it be as a result of the Animal Encounter, travelling to, or being in, the enclosure in which the animal is housed.
12. The food we feed to our animals may contain nuts, eggs, fruit, seafood, raw meat and other food products. Please ensure any allergies are discussed with staff prior to the encounter being undertaken.
13. Participants must be aware that they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes.
14. The Participant consents to the publication and/or use in any media whatsoever of their name, image, voice statements or otherwise, without payment of compensation.
15. This experience is an "Animal Encounter" for the purposes of the Waiver, Indemnity and Release attached.
16. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that the attached Waiver, Acknowledgement, Indemnity and Release forms part of this document.
« Return to Animal Encounters
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.