Otterly exciting opportunity right here! Come enjoy lunchtime with one of our cheeky Asian small-clawed otters, in our fabulous otter encounter! Help the keeper train and feed them some of their favourite treats such as fish, nuts and crayfish!
After spending a few minutes interacting with each of our otters and our knowledgeable keepers - you will feel like an expert on their behaviour. Guests are encouraged to ask questions and learn more about our otters while participating in their playtime. It's a whole lótter fun so while you are having a great time - one of our professional photographers will snap your picture with the photogenic pair.
- $79.00 per person
- Includes one free gift per person
- Admission not included
- Only available to guests who are 15 years of age and above.
- Runs once daily at 1:15pm
- 2 guests maximum per encounter
- Bookings can be made in advance online. You can also book on the day (subject to availability) at the Information & Tour Desk by 12.30pm.
Terms and Conditions
Utterly Outrageous Otter Encounter Terms & Conditions
1. Utterly Outrageous Otters Animal Encounters are available to Participants who are 15 years of age and above only.
2. Enclosed and flat suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter.
3. No watches, bangles, bracelets which could have an impact on our animals may be worn during the encounter.
4. Participants must be fit and healthy, have full motor skill capacity and must be able to squat/kneel down and stand up quickly without assistance. If any Participants arrive and cannot display this, they will not be permitted on the encounter.
Generic Terms and Conditions - applicable to ALL encounters
1. Entry to Australia Zoo is not included. Valid entry is compulsory for all encounters.
2. All Participants, including children, must follow all instructions given by the handlers. Each Participant must be able to understand English or have a paying, participating interpreter with them.
3. Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person to participate in the Animal Encounter for health, safety or other reasons. Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
4. Some encounters may require special assistance to provide access to Wheelchair bound guests. Staff must be informed of mobility issues when booking the encounter.
5. Animal Encounters are subject to weather. Please be aware that the encounter may need to be cancelled if bad weather occurs before or during the session. The encounter will be rescheduled for the next available date, at the Zoo's discretion.
6. All encounters are subject to change without notice. If the encounter is cancelled by Australia Zoo, you will have the option to receive a full refund or reschedule to another encounter time or day.
7. Cancellation within 48hrs of the Session shall result in forfeiture of 50% of the full payment. If the Participant does not attend or is late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
8. No personal items or food are permitted on the encounter, this includes camera's and backpacks. In some circumstances, a phone or small camera will be allowed.
9. Please remember that all animals are capable of exercising their natural instincts. Do not under any circumstances attempt to roughly handle the animal. Contact with animals will be under the handlers direction - please do not touch animal's head, face or any other body parts unless directed to by the animal handler.
10. All interaction will be instigated by the animals. The behaviour of the animals or the outcome/level of interaction is not guaranteed under any circumstances.
11. Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries, howsoever received whether it be as a result of the Animal Encounter, travelling to, or being in, the enclosure in which the animal is housed.
12. The food we feed to our animals may contain nuts, eggs, fruit, seafood, raw meat and other food products. Please ensure any allergies are discussed with staff prior to the encounter being undertaken.
13. Participants must be aware that they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes.
14. The Participant consents to the publication and/or use in any media whatsoever of their name, image, voice statements or otherwise, without payment of compensation.
15. This experience is an "Animal Encounter" for the purposes of the Waiver, Indemnity and Release attached.
16. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that the attached Waiver, Acknowledgement, Indemnity and Release forms part of this document.
« Return to Animal Encounters
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.