Australia Zoo is Open
Crikey! We’re thrilled to officially announce that we re-opened our 110 acres of beautiful outdoor space to everyone on Monday 9 August 2021. Our amazing Australia Zoo Crew have worked hard to introduce new measures that will keep us all safe while guests experience our world-class zoological gardens. At Australia Zoo, our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our guests, team members, animals and the larger community is of the utmost priority and that’s why, together with Queensland’s Department of Health, we have introduced:
- Implementation of social distancing.
- Additional hand-washing facilities and hand sanitising stations.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitising of all surfaces and high touch areas.
- Signage to assist our guests to adhere to social distancing whilst visiting all areas of the Zoo.
- Contactless payment available throughout the Zoo.
- Spaced seating throughout outdoor dining areas.
In addition to the above, we have vast, outdoor open spaces with wide walkways for our guests to enjoy a wonderful day out with friends and family. Just like the rest of the world, this is a first for us and we are adapting and changing to cater to all the necessary protocols. We would all like to thank you for your understanding and support. Australia Zoo has been an iconic destination for over 50 years and we remain committed to conservation, ensuring Steve’s dream lives on. See you soon!