How to Get Here
How to get to Australia Zoo at Beerwah, on Australia’s Sunshine Coast.
The Sunshine Coast is easily accessible by a number of major highways. Australia Zoo is situated on Steve Irwin Way in Beerwah, and is approximately a 60-minute drive from Brisbane via the Bruce Highway. To get more driving route information, click below.
Directions from the North
- Follow the Bruce Highway until the Landsborough/Steve Irwin Way exit 188 on the left
- Take the exit which goes back over the Bruce Highway and get onto Steve Irwin Way
- Follow Steve Irwin Way
- Pass the Mooloolah exit on the right
- Pass the Landsborough exit on the right
- Australia Zoo is on the left about 5 kilometres past Landsborough
Directions from the South
- Follow the Bruce Highway until the Steve Irwin Way/Glasshouse Mountains (Tourist Route 24) exit on the left
- Take the exit (there is a big brown sign with Beerburrum, Maleny and Landsborough on it)
- Follow Steve Irwin Way for 18 kilometres without exiting
- Pass Beerburrum exit on the left
- Pass Glasshouse Mountains exit on the left
- Pass Beerwah exit on the left
- The Australia Zoo entrance is on the right, 3 kilometres past Beerwah
Sunshine Coast Airport (Maroochydore) is a 30 minute drive from Australia Zoo and welcomes direct flights from Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Cairns and Canberra year-round with flights from Auckland, New Zealand seasonally. Brisbane Domestic and International Airports are an easy one hour drive to Australia Zoo.
The Queensland Rail (QR) Citytrain has a seven-day service that operates between the Gold Coast, Brisbane and Beerwah. Passengers travelling on the QR Citytrain that arrives in Beerwah can be picked up by Australia Zoo’s courtesy coach.
The Australia Zoo courtesy coach meets most trains at the Beerwah Rail Station to transfer passengers to the Zoo. If the bus is not at the station, simply call the Zoo on 5436 2000 and a bus will be sent out during our opening hours for your convenience.
Be sure to plan your journey in advance and check out the latest service updates at translink.com.au or by calling 13 12 30 anytime.
Book a fun-filled day tour direct to Australia Zoo from Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast or the Gold Coast. Our service providers offer comfortable, air-conditioned, guided transfers from your door to Australia Zoo, seven days a week.
With return hotel transfers seven days a week, the Croc Express is a fantastic way to get to Australia Zoo in safety and comfort from the Gold Coast or Brisbane city. This friendly service allows you to relax in an air-conditioned, luxury coach or coaster while learning about all the regional sights and local history, together with a visit to Australia Zoo along the way.
The tour departs the Gold Coast at approximately 7:30am and departs the Brisbane City Area at approximately 9:00am. The bus arrives at Australia Zoo around 10:15am, in time for all the wildlife action. The day is then yours to spend exploring the Zoo at your leisure, before departing at 4:00pm. Book online via www.jpttours.com.
Croc Tours is a locally owned and operated business specialising in small groups. They are dedicated to providing a comfortable, safe, friendly and 5-star service to Australia Zoo. Travel in style and comfort with Croc Tours in a seven or ten seat luxury, air-conditioned vehicle.
The day tour involves a guaranteed five hours at Australia Zoo and a visit to the Glass House Mountains Lookout, departing daily from Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. Book online via www.croctours.com.au or call Ph: 0498761184.
Need travel itinerary help?
If you are planning a visit to Australia Zoo and require some additional information on how to get here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.