Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital Behind the Scenes Tour
Check out the state-of-the-art Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital, Australia's largest and busiest wildlife hospital, where you can observe our extraordinary team of vets as they save precious wildlife right in front of your eyes.
The Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital was opened in 2004, inspired by the memory of Steve's mum, Lyn Irwin, who was a pioneer in wildlife care.
All monies raised from this tour goes directly back to the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital.
Timing and Days
- Three 30 minute tours daily at 10:00am (pre-booked only), 2:30pm and 3.30pm!
- Participants must meet at the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital 5 minutes prior to start time of tour.
Package and Price
Tour costs vary for internal (also visiting Australia Zoo on the same day) and external (not visiting Australia Zoo) guests.
- Internal (guests also visiting Australia Zoo on the same day)
30 Minute Tour
- External (guests not visiting Australia Zoo)
All children 14 years and under must be accompanied by a paying adult.
It is highly recommended that the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital Tour is pre-booked! Bookings can be made on the day but are subject to availability. Bookings can be taken by phone, email or in person at the Information Desk (within Australia Zoo) or at the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital Tour Desk. The hospital will also take 'walk in' external bookings, these must be pre-booked. The T&C and Indemnity & Release forms must be completed and signed prior to the tour. Any persons under 18 years of age must also have a parent or guardian complete a Declaration for Minors form.
Call the Information & Tour Desk on 07 5436 2002.
No. of People: Maximum of 8 people per tour
- Participants must be aware that noise levels must be kept to a minimum
- No age restrictions apply. All children 14 years and under must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Participants must agree to follow the instructions of the tour guide at all times
- Due to the nature of a working animal hospital, it may be deemed necessary to terminate a tour at any time. In the event of termination, participants have the option of a refund or to re-schedule
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to beginning the tour
- No food is permitted on the tour
- Please be aware that you are entering a working animal hospital and surgical procedures may take place during your tour
- Participants take part in the tour at their own risk
Make A Booking
To confirm details and make a booking call Australia Zoo on (07) 5436 2002 (International +61 7 5436 2002) or by using our Online Contact Form.
Tour Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Tour you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Tour is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of available alternatives.